Ronaldo considers return to football

Posted on Jan 15 2015 - 9:25am by Staff Writer

Former Brazil striker Ronaldo is toying with a return to football after purchasing 10% of Fort Lauderdale Strikers.

Ronaldo was unveiled earlier this week as a new member of the Striker’s ownership group and has now taken a role with the United States’ second division National American Soccer League side.

Whilst the 38-year-old retired from playing four years ago, the two-time World Cup winner has claimed that he could return and wear the famous red-and-yellow Strikers’ short for the 2015 season.

“I will try to play some games,” he told Sports Illustrated.

“This year I want to train a lot. The last three years I didn’t because I was too busy in other stuff. Maybe if we get to the final and I’m feeling good, why not? I will put my name in the NASL as an option.”

Speaking about his small takeover of the club, the former Real Madrid and Inter Milan striker said he could not turn down the opportunity.

“The Fort Lauderdale Strikers is a team with history, tradition,” he said. “Soccer in America is growing, so I think it’s a great opportunity.”