Chiellini wants Luis Suarez ban reduced

Posted on Aug 4 2014 - 9:45am by Staff Writer

Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini has spoken about Luis Suarez’s ban from football and said that he would like to see the Barcelona striker play football sooner than October.

The former Liverpool striker was banned by FIFA for four months after biting the shoulder of Chiellini during the World Cup finals in Brazil last month.

Whilst, the player and new club Barcelona are appealing the ban at the Court of Arbitration for Sport; the Juventus defender has also spoken about the ban and said that he feels Suarez has been treated unfairly.

“I said what I thought about it even after the incident. I would like the penalty to be revised,” AS reports the defender saying.

“No decisions depend on me but I find it exaggerated.”

A decision on Suarez’s ban which would see him miss the start of the season for Barcelona is set to be made on August 8, with some reports claiming that he could make a his debut against Elche in the season opener.