Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool told striker will cost €50m

Posted on May 19 2015 - 12:27pm by Staff Writer

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has told interested clubs that striker Alexandre Lacazette will not leave the club for anything less than €50 million.

The 23-year-old has been in sublime form in 2014-15 and was awarded the French player of the year award earlier this week after scoring an incredible 31 goals in 33 games thus far this season.

A number of top European clubs have shown interest, mainly from England where the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United have been credited with interest.

Aulas’s claims are expected to see a number of those mentioned call off their interest.

“We will do everything within our powers to hold on to Alexandre,” the Lyon supremo told Canal+.

“You never have any certainties in football, but we are determined to keep him here.

“A transfer fee of €50m would not be enough for an attacker like him. He is priceless.

“PSG? I have never spoken with Nasser Al Khelaifi about Alexandre. And I never get the impression PSG want him whenever I speak with Laurent Blanc.”

Lacazette’s contract with Lyon runs until June 2018.